About the Client
This is an exciting, dynamic and fast-growing environment. Their clients are typically large organisations that require them to provide a suite of services on a year-round basis. In all cases, there are multiple deliverables occurring on a cyclical basis.
The solution offers a centrally coordinated approach, delivered through a dedicated team in the UK who liaise with the local delivery teams in each country, providing clients with increased visibility and great control over their reporting and processes.
About the Role
You will assist in leading and managing the project team on a day-to-day basis to ensure delivery of Global Payroll Services for high profile multinational clients. Working as part of a dedicated team you will take responsibility for running multiple client projects, liaising with international offices and an in-house team of payroll specialists to ensure services are provided to clients effectively and efficiently. You will be a senior point of escalation both internally and for the client, creatively solving any challenges that arise.
- Assist managing global payroll clients and operational team to deliver globally outsourced payroll management services consistent with standards and practices, and client specifications with detailed knowledge of the UK payroll.
- Lead complex payroll implementations progressing to business as usual, including:
- Hold update meetings/calls with key overseas offices to review client service;
- Act as escalation point;
- Run project governance meetings - quarterly/annually as required
- To ensure we adhere to the terms and conditions of the client contract(s).
- To deliver award winning client service while meeting all clients contracted SLA performance standards.
- Ensure the operational team deliver the required payroll accuracy to achieve the Award Winning Client Services targets.
- Manage operational efficiency and capacity as client volume grows in terms of both payslips and countries processed.
- Identify and develop ideas that will drive process efficiencies and deliver cost savings as well as reduce risk for the client.
- Support the Director of Operations.
- To manage risk at an operational level.
- Build sustainable external and internal client relationships.
- Work as part of the management team supporting resource planning, performance rate meetings and efficiency gains.
- Recruit, develop and motivate the team (including participating in recruitment, ensuring performance development documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees).
- Participate in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Proven experience delivering UK Payroll for large multinational clients.
- Be prepared to be “hands-on” – so must be competent in payroll and be able to engage directly with clients
- Experience in managing multiple client relationships (under direction of Director, Global Client Services).
- People management skills and demonstrated client relationship skills.
- Ability to delegate work to staff and ensure its quality and timely completion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written skills including the ability to construct detailed operational reports.
- Effective decision making, conflict management, and problem resolution.
- Proficient in IT applications (e.g., Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- CIPP or equivalent certification strongly preferred
- Prince2 or equivalent qualification
- Other languages beneficial.
- Competitive salary, £45,000 - £50,000
- Flexible working patterns available.
- Core benefits include 25 days holiday that rises with service, life assurance, income protection, and pension
- Access to a range of additional purchasable benefits including travel insurance, life/health insurance, car and bike schemes, childcare and retail vouchers
- Commitment to work/life balance