About the Client
Our client is a top 10 accountancy and business advisory firm, who provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Their clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
They share their clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. They have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
Our client operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5,000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. It has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of an International network. This global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide and revenues of $9bn.
This role is in the Payroll division of the Global Business Services team who work with national and international clients to ensure their accounting and tax compliance obligations are met in any country they have a presence. They enable their clients to focus on their core business whilst their teams relieve them of the burdens and risks of global accounting, compliance, payroll, service charge accounting and technology management. Their solution offers a centrally coordinated approach, delivered through a dedicated team in the UK who liaise with the local delivery teams in each country, providing their clients with increased visibility and great control over their reporting and processes. They do not “do” the payroll but the payrolls are produced in the respective countries and they review and control.
Our client is committed to helping their people develop to their full potential. They nurture a friendly team culture and work within an extremely supportive and creative environment. They are valued, equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional client service. The quality of the work they do for their clients is directly aligned to the quality of their people. They offer a competitive salary, flexibility in your work, contributory pension, a generous annual leave entitlement & a range of additional benefits.
About the Role
A senior account manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the Global Payroll Services team on a day-to-day basis alongside the management team and to:
• Manage a portfolio of payroll clients
• Managing risk at an operational level
• Building sustainable external and internal client relationships.
• Support the bid teams and be involved with client presentations
• Participate in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
• Manage projects with a view to profitability and efficiency
Portfolio of clients will include:
• Multinational businesses that require payroll services around the world provided by their offices in country which are project managed by the Global Payroll Services team
You will need to be flexible, proactive and commercially focussed with excellent project management skills.
Software used is eVolve, iiPay & ipex.
Team size is
- 10 based in England
- 8 based in Belfast
- 20 – 30 in Mauritius
- Manage client assignments, which include determining the resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, supporting and training junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to director and partner escalation.
- Assist in managing the overall project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with Implementations Team on complex payroll implementations progressing to business as usual, including:
- Hold update meetings/calls with key overseas offices to review client service
- Act as escalation point
- Run project governance meetings - quarterly/annually as required
- Review & sign off checkpoint reports
- Review annual audit of projects and ensure improvement actions undertaken
- Undertake annual review of project with client & countries
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the director. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Implement the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collections and budgets
- Implement efficiencies to maintain and drive increased profitability
- Share knowledge within the team and facilitate research and personal development
- Capture client feedback and ensure it is addressed and effectively communicated to the Global Payroll Services team.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take point responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Work with the directors to identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for Global Payroll Services.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products and services.
- Recruit, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees)
- Work as part of the management team with other Global Payroll Services managers e.g. resource planning, performance rate meetings and efficiency gains.
- Extensive international payroll account management experience
- Must be relationship focused and have managed client relationships in either a Payroll, Accountancy or Finance environment.
- Must be a proactive self-starter who challenges the status quo
- Ideally will have a sales background
- Would suit someone who comes from a Payroll delivery / Operations background looking to make the move into Account Management.
- Prince2 or equivalent qualification may be useful
- Other languages beneficial
- Competitive salary from £63,550 - £75,000 p.a. FTE
- 6% cash bonus
- Flexible working patterns available
- Core benefits include 25 days holiday that rises with service
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Access to a range of additional purchasable benefits including travel insurance, life/health insurance, car and bike schemes, childcare and retail vouchers
- Commitment to work/life balance