About the Client
Our client is a top 10 accountancy and business advisory firm, who provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Their clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
They share their clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. They have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
Our client operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5,000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. It has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of an International network. This global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide and revenues of $9bn.
Our client is committed to helping their people develop to their full potential. They nurture a friendly team culture and work within an extremely supportive and creative environment. They are valued, equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional client service. The quality of the work they do for their clients is directly aligned to the quality of their people. They offer a competitive salary, flexibility in your work, contributory pension, a generous annual leave entitlement & a range of additional benefits.
About the Role
The GCR Manager will take on a portfolio of clients which include global businesses that are provided a range of corporate services - including payroll, regulatory and compliance - by the Global Outsourcing team, and UK based clients for whom statutory and management accounts, and comprehensive back-office services are provided.
As such, the GCR Manager will be a key link between the client and the Global Outsourcing team. It is vital that the GCR Manager be effective in communicating and understanding the needs of the client, and capable of anticipating and responding to those needs proactively.
- Manage client assignments, which include determining the resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Assist in managing the overall team on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead implementations and project start ups.
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Implement the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collections
- Share knowledge within the team and facilitate research and personal development
- Capture client feedback and ensure it is addressed and effectively communicated to the Global Outsourcing team.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take point responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for Global Outsourcing, and inform the Partner and client. Act as an ambassador of the firm participates in marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products and services.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees)
- Work as part of management team with other Global Outsourcing managers e.g. resource planning, merit rate meetings and efficiency gains.
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) or QBE
- Experience managing complex transition projects and steady-state operations in a shared service centre or experience project managing multi-country compliance services.
- Prince2 or equivalent project management qualification
- Foreign languages