About the Client
Our client is an accountancy and business advisory firm who provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a dynamic world. Their clients are the country’s driving force – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
They share their clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. They have a unique combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
Their Global Outsourcing department has been developing a Global Payroll Solution that combines best of breed customer service technology platform with the experience the company’s renowned global office network.
About the Role
The Payroll Operations Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the Global Payroll Services team on a day-to-day basis alongside the Operations Director with occasional deputisation for the Operations Director as required.
They will manage the Operations Team across all delivery centres in conjunction with the Operations Director, managing projects with a view to profitability and efficiency as well as risk. Special assignments will be required on an ad hoc basis.
You will need to be flexible, proactive and commercially focussed with excellent project management skills, along with operational experience of delivering complex multi-country payrolls for global clients
- Take responsibility for managing client assignments, which include determining the resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, supporting and training team members and resolving all issues prior to director and partner escalation.
- Managing overall Operations team on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage and support relationships with local BDO teams to ensure payrolls are delivered accurately, efficiently and on-time.
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for a client together with the directors. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Implement the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures
- Implement efficiencies to maintain and drive increased profitability
- Share knowledge within the team and facilitate research and personal development
- Capture client feedback and ensure it is addressed and effectively communicated to the Global Payroll Services team.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take point responsibility for delivering answers to clients
- Work with the directors to identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for Global Payroll Services, including the support of cross-selling opportunities. This may require participation in marketing events and conferences
- Recruit, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees)
- Work as part of management team with other Global Payroll Services managers e.g. resource planning, performance rate meetings and efficiency gains.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- CIPP or equivalent qualification preferred
- Bureau-type experience preferred
- Extensive operational experience for the management and delivery of international payroll (6+ years in a management role)
- Experience of delivering global payroll via multiple delivery centres would be useful
- Prince2 or equivalent qualification may be useful
- Other languages beneficial