About the Client
Our client is an accountancy and business advisory firm who provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a dynamic world. Their clients are the country’s driving force – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
They share their clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. They have a unique combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
Their Global Outsourcing department has been developing a Global Payroll Solution that combines a best of breed customer service technology platform with the experience the company’s renowned global office network.
About the Role
The Payroll Manager will need to understand client’s requirements and objectives and work with both in-country, in-house teams as well as Global Payroll Services in order to advise and implement the Global Payroll Solution for the client
The candidate will need to be:
- diligent and demonstrate attention to detail
- possess strong technical payroll knowledge
- efficient & deadline driven
- have good communication skills
- have experience in leading a team to implement and process global payrolls
- Project management skills
- Configure and test platforms as needed to match client requirements. Therefore an understanding of normal payroll process flow is needed.
- Ensure parallel testing processes and requirements are fully documented and agreed with clients.
- Lead parallel and post-implementation activities: including the review of payroll results, co-ordination with clients and in country teams, and issue identification & resolution.
- Manage ongoing projects, working with offshore teams to manage daily deliverables, dealing with escalations & queries.
- Lead process requirements workshops with clients ensuring requirements are fully documented.
- Provide regular updates to both internal and external stakeholders, identifying specific issues and action plans for resolution as well as coming up with solutions/recommendations for challenges encountered
- Define and maintain country-specific process documentation
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships internally as well as the client and in-country teams
- Assist in payroll bids and pre-sales activities including presentations and workshops
- Manage the Implementation team covering project management and payroll
- Recruit, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees)
- Work as part of management team with other Global Outsourcing managers e.g. resource planning, performance rate meetings and efficiency gains.
- Participate in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent organisation, administration and planning skills
- Demonstrable payroll experience including implementation of new payrolls
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Initiative and creativity within the parameters of policy and procedures
- Fluency in IT applications e.g. Microsoft Office and related platforms
- Attention to detail and numeric skills
- People Management skills
- Ability to work well within a multicultural team and to manage a multicultural team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in addition to day to day activities.
- Flexibility and a willingness to undertake additional tasks, as required
- Knowledge of international payroll & compensation, social security and tax issues is preferred
- CIPP or equivalent qualification strongly preferred
- Prince2 qualified or equivalent would be an advantage
- Languages useful but not necessary