About the Role
The Operations Manager will be focused on implementations and service delivery. They will assist in the management of the operations team which will include recruitment, training, development and motivation of team members. They will be key in providing implementations to clients progressing all the way through to BAU. As part of the management team, The Operations Manager will be expected to participate in performance rate meetings and resource planning.
The candidate will need to be:
- Experienced in client relationship management
- Able to work on implementations, ideally with experience of leading implementations
- Experienced in Global payroll
- Broadly experienced with both operations and bureau experience
- To ensure adherence to the terms and conditions of the client contract(s).
- To deliver award winning client service while meeting all clients contracted performance standards.
- Ensure the operational team deliver the required payroll accuracy to achieve the specific client service targets.
- Manage operational efficiency and capacity as client volume grows in terms of both payslips and countries processed
- To manage risk at an operational level
- Building sustainable external and internal client relationships
- Lead complex payroll implementations progressing to business as usual, including:
- Undertake annual review of project with client & countries
- Review & sign procedures manuals
- Recruit, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees)
- Work as part of management team with other Global Outsourcing managers e.g. resource planning, performance rate meetings and efficiency gains
- Participate in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Management and demonstrable client relationships skills
- CIPP or equivalent certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrable experience in Global Payroll
- Ability to manage multiple client relationships effectively
- Ability to delegate work to staff and ensure its quality and timely completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written skills including the ability to construct detailed reports
- Effective decision making, conflict management and problem resolution
- Ability to handle stress and maintain a professional demeanour
- Proficient in IT applications (e.g., Microsoft Office: Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Prince2 or equivalent qualification may be useful
- Other languages beneficial