About the Client
Our client is a top 10 professional services business. This role is in their Global Outsourcing team in an exciting, dynamic and fast-growing environment. Their clients are typically large organisations that require them to provide a suite of services on a year-round basis. In all cases, there are multiple deliverables occurring on a cyclical basis.
Within the growing team they already have a governance framework, a PMO and a project support team of project executives and administrators working at a variety of levels, along with a senior programme manager leading the team. They are now looking for a junior project manager to further help in transforming their client experience, taking responsibility for the delivery of client projects and overseeing the work of the project support team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience and ability in project management. Your skill set will mean that clients and the existing team will recognise you as an emerging expert in your field, you will be able to help define new projects and will pick up existing projects, running them autonomously to achieve the goals of the project.
The role will be based in the Reading office where the successful candidate will be involved in client facing projects across the Global Business Services and Service Charge Accounting service lines.
About the Role
The key purpose of the role is making sure the right things are done at the right time to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Take personal responsibility for a small number of specific projects, both client facing and internally focussed:
- Planning & managing project schedules to ensure on-time delivery
- Creation and monitoring of budgets
- Identify, allocate and coordinate resources to projects
- Direct project support team to ensure necessary project administrative tasks and activities are completed
- Effectively communicate & manage key stakeholders
- Managing risks and issues
- Managing changes to scope / contract / deliverables
- Tracking of deliverables & monitor progress
- Report on project status, risks and escalation, both internally and to clients
- Support the existing PMO team, acting as a role model and working with them to develop skill sets
- Develop strong relationships with clients and be seen as an integral member of the project delivery team
- Champion effective project management across the business
- Strong project management experience in (in order of preference) a Finance environment, Professional Services or Financial Services
- Experience of working in client-facing roles
- Experienced in managing projects both with and without a PMO / Project Office in place
- An excellent communicator, experienced at interacting at a senior level, internally and to clients.
- Excellent understanding of a variety of project management methodologies, preferably including PRINCE2.
- Ability to lead a team, coaching and developing junior members.
You will hold a recognised project management qualification e.g. PRINCE2 and will have experience in its operation.