About Our Client
Our client is an IT company based in Central Bristol with a team of over 50 staff. They have created products that are focused on performance management, helping their customers work more effectively. They love what they do and so working here you’ll be part of an engaged, confident, and motivated team.
They are currently in the process of rewriting their existing products and also creating new systems that take advantage of the latest technologies in terms of automated testing. This is where your testing experience will come to play, along with your ability to respond quickly to new work and effectively communicate with other test engineers, the development team and the product owner to ensure the quality of the software delivered is at a high level.
They look after their staff well and will investment in your development with training and additional qualifications, give you a chance to implement new technologies, as well as exciting career development opportunities.
Our client is a flexible employer and whilst this is a full time role, are happy to consider different working patterns for example; late or early start or finish times, some home working or other flexible options for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write test routines specific to the project at hand
- Create and maintain testing scripts
- Support junior testers
- Manage ticketing systems
- Create test plans and documentation
- Report to the Testing Lead
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ years of testing web based applications with ticketing systems
- ISTQB Qualification at Foundation level
- Experienced in user stories and testing methodologies
- Experienced in using Gherkin
- Keen attention to detail
- Work and think logically
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Competent technical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Enjoy working in a team and individually
- Good organisational skills
- Keen to learn, study and progress
Nice to Have's
- Experience writing testing plans and documentations
- Experience with automated test writing and systems such as Selenium
- Understanding of browser compatibility requirements
- Knowledge of testing PHP based systems
- Worked within an Agile team
- Knowledge of WCAG Compliance
- Competitive Salary in the region of £22,000 to £28,000 depending on experience.
- Full training on client systems and processes
- Personal development plan for all staff including training and career growth
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Pension, cycle2work scheme, discounts and vouchers
- Rising holiday allowance in line with the length of employment