About Our Client
Our client is a renewable energy developer based in Bristol. They develop utility scale solar PV and battery storage projects in multiple jurisdictions. Projects are developed through a variety of country- or technology-specific holding companies and special purpose vehicles (SPV). Development is financed through shareholder and third party loans, or through revenue from project (SPV) sales. .
They are a growing organisation, led by a dynamic and driven management team, now looking for a Group Finance Lead for a new role, established to head up the growing finance function.
About the role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Group Finance Lead. This full-time role will report directly to the Board of Directors, supported by a team of three finance professionals. The Group Finance Lead will be responsible for group-level finance and accounting.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Business partnering with our investor's finance personnel and advisors, and other international development partners to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Analysis of jurisdiction- and group-level budgets and cash flow forecasts, to include reporting and presentation to the Directors.
- Managing cash flow, including preparation of external or intercompany loan drawdown requests where required.
- Continuously developing and improving financial controls, systems & processes across the group.
- Ownership of the year-end audit process, and liaison with the auditors.
- Reporting and management of group-level financial risks
- Partnering with tax advisors in relation to matters of tax accounting, group relief, transfer pricing and tax optimisation
- Oversight of individual company financial statements.
- Ensuring strict adherence to compliance and relevant legislation, especially in relation to intercompany loans, recharge of direct and indirect costs to project SPVs, etc.
- Ad-hoc project-level accounting where required.
- Line management and personal development of finance team members (currently three personnel)
More about you….
We are looking for a qualified accountant with experience in a group, multi jurisdictional, finance function. You will be driven and self motivated with an eye for detail and enthusiasm for working in a busy group project and subsidiary environment.
In particular, you will have the following:
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or similar)
- Work experience in group accountancy
- Work experience in accounts preparation for small- or medium-sized companies
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS/IAS is highly advantageous
- Advanced excel and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and HR skills
‘Nice to have’ experience;
- Direct exposure to tax, tax accounting or partnering with international tax advisors
- Experience of managing or mentoring team members