About the Client
This role is in the Audit & Assurance team of a top 10 professional services business, with a specialism in Financial Services.
Our client takes pride in delivering an excellent client service whilst offering their staff unrivaled development opportunities and benefits. They offer a full range of audit services to clients across a number of sectors and specialisms, variety is for certain. They are committed to offering a work life balance and are at the forefront of agile working in their sector.
This role is based in the Bristol office where you will join a team of c. 30-40 Audit professionals, with a social and friendly atmosphere.
About the Role
The Audit Semi-Senior works as part of an audit team usually taking responsibility for day to day supervision of the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Audit Senior supervises the audit team and oversees the audit process to ensure the audits are of high quality.
This role would suit a part-qualified accountant who is currently in practice or has been in practice then in industry for a maximum of 2 years since.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
Required Knowledge and Experience
Our client is looking for an experienced hire who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance. You should be a part-qualified accountant with knowledge and experience. In particular, they are looking for:
- Part-qualified ACA/ICAS or overseas equivalent.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Experience with listed clients and international groups would be desirable.