About the Client
Our client is the Global Outsourcing team of a top 10 professional services business. The Service Charge team is a centre of excellence for providing specialist assurance services to the property management industry, particularly in respect of the provision of Independent Accountant's Reviews of service charge expenditure. Clients in this division are usually large commercial property owners. You would be joining an exciting, dynamic and fast-growing environment where the senior team are committed to the development and support of their people.
About the Role
The Assistant Manager will work as part of a dedicated team liaising with the management team, the service charge team and the client to ensure the assignment is delivered effectively and efficiently. They will assist in managing a dedicated team and supervising the process to ensure our independent reviews are of high quality and to provide an efficient service which is tailor-made to suit the client’s needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise the delivery of a year round contract to provide service charge accounting services, to ensure that all client deliverables are met by the team
- Deal with multiple deadlines, demonstrate flexibility, and prioritise tasks to ensure client deadlines are met on high volume assignments
- Review files at all stages of the process, and review documents/reports produced by the dedicated team as appropriate
- Take on the role as the primary contact for both technical and non-technical issues and questions from the client, dealing with more complex issues which may arise, and building strong relationships with senior management at the client
- Ensure all clients’ needs are met in regards to answering queries promptly, building a rapport with the client and anticipating requirements
- Provide clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes
- Start to lead meetings with clients as appropriate
- Deliver training to clients on the integrated IT solution
- Provide the Manager with input on changes to the scope of the assignment, to comply with client requests and industry best practice
- Supervise, coach, motivate and develop junior members of staff within team
- Delegate work appropriately to the team and monitor resourcing to ensure that sufficient cover is available to meet client needs.
- Take responsibility for monthly financial management of project, including monitoring billing, reviewing performance against budget, performing monthly write-offs and revenue release
- Keep up to date with industry developments including technical guidance
- Identify future business opportunities, both with existing and potential clients, for GO or other service streams within the firm
- Participating in sales, marketing & recruitment activities
- Involvement in department meetings and act as chair of some meetings
- Work alongside Directors to participate in at least one non-client project/ad-hoc piece of work.
- Maintain awareness of risk and deliver high quality documents
Required Knowledge and Experience
In particular, they are looking for:
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Experience working in an accountancy practice or other financial environment
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
In addition, it is desirable but not essential that candidates can demonstrate the following:
- Experience in coaching or mentoring junior staff highly desirable
- Experience providing assurance services desirable but not essential